German Shepherds are greatest dogs ever. Period.
I know because I own one and love him to death.
But don’t take my word for it; ask the Tampa family whose 7-year-old daughter was saved from a rattlesnake by their Shepherd.
The little girl was playing in the family’s backyard when the dog, Haus, suddenly jumped in front of her and repeatedly reared up on its hind legs. Family members who watched the hero dog in action didn’t realize what had happened until they saw that he was bleeding and rushed him to the vet, where three rattlesnake bites were discovered.
The snake venom damaged two-year-old Haus’ kidneys, but he’s expected to make a full recovery after a course of anti-venom and painkillers. It turns out humans aren’t the only ones dealing with crazy healthcare costs. Every day in doggie intensive care runs $1,000 – $1,500. The anti-venom costs $618 per vial. Haus used 4-5 vials per day. Fortunately, a GoodFundMe campaign has raised more than $35,000 for his care.
Here’s my favorite part of the story. Haus is a rescue dog. The little girl’s family adopted him just two weeks ago! Talk about karma in action. Haus’ owner says the pup has been a joy from Day One – loving to the kids and protective of the family.
Said a family member: “He’s the type of dog that when you want to go buy a dog, you pay thousands of dollars and that’s the dog you get. Be we adopted him and got him for free.”
That’s why they are donating the leftover GoFundMe money to a local dog rescue operation.